- Rig Activity
- British Columbia
- Web Exclusives
With over 18 years of experience, Northwest Business is the established source for reporting the concerns, hopes, ideas and successes of people in the region. Northwest Business is your number one choice for advertising to this community.
Top 15 Reasons
Why Magazines Should be on the Plan
1. Reach ‘High Value’ Consumers – Magazine readers are better educated, have higher purchasing power and watch less TV — they deliver the hardest to reach and most influential of opinion leaders.
2. Bonus Impressions – The average magazine page is viewed 1.7 times, providing more impressions per ad than newspapers or TV. These bonus exposures increase a brand’s opportunity to be seen when the consumer is ready- to-buy.
3. Active Medium – The active, involving process of reading ensures focus on and understanding of the brand message.
4. Magazines Communicate Better – Reader involvement in magazine advertising delivers 39% more awareness of the brand message than TV, on that all important first exposure.
5. Tell The Entire Brand Story – Magazines allow in-depth, detailed communication of the entire brand story, not :15 or :30 sound bites. And they do so with exceptional reproduction values.
6. The Most Informative Medium – Consumers rate magazines as the most informative medium. Magazines influence purchase behaviour early in the decision-making process, giving readers ideas of what to buy, more so than newspapers or TV.
7. Selective Targeting – Magazines tightly target all areas of reader interest and passion — there’s a magazine for virtually everyone! Use magazines to reach/cover your target audience in a meaningful way — a way in which Specialty TV just can’t compare.
8. Brand Relevant Imagery – Magazine editorial imbues ads with brand relevant imagery, associations and a frame of reference that delivers greater reader receptivity to brand ads.
9. Build Relationships – Magazines are the most personal of media, creating private and intimate connections with each individual reader. Magazines are invited guests, creating strategic or tactical one-on-one conversations with yourcustomers.
10. A Lasting Message – Consumers clip and save magazine ads for future reference. They provide a lasting, durable message with time to study a brand’s benefits.
11. A Credible Message – Magazine ads are perceived to be highly credible, believable and trustworthy sources of information.
12. Flexibility – Magazines provide opportunities for inserts, supplements, advertorials and a variety of size and positioning options to meet any advertiser’s specific creative needs.
13. Media Multiplier Effect – Magazines are additive to most any TV plan — they add ‘readers’ not just viewers. The net effect is increased net coverage, faster and more efficiently, delivering hard-to-reach light TV viewers. Together, magazines and TV communicate the same message in different ways, ensuring improved brand messaging.
14. Magazines Generate Response – Magazines make it happen. After reading ads, consumers are motivated to shop for and purchase products, call 1-800 numbers or go to a website. Response is immediate.
15. Increase Your Sales – Magazines sell! Research proves it, time and time and time again. Let us show you. Contact us to find out more.
In this issue:
• Taking Care of our Own
• Hire Local
• Three Industries — One Success
• Fort Nelson
Oil sands image linked to cooperation
CALGARY – Oil sands company leaders hope collaborative endeavours will improve their image.
The latest alliance, Canada’s Oil Sands Innovation Alliance (COSIA), was announced at a Calgary press conference early March.
Talisman announces sale agreement
CALGARY - Talisman Energy announced an agreement with Xstrata Coal to sell certain non-producing, non-core coal properties located in northeastern British Columbia for US$500 million in cash.